Thursday, May 3, 2007

Quanto Mi Manchi Tu...

I have been trying to ID this song for the longest time - came across it again recently and finally decided to take action this time around.
Sorry for the low quality of the short clip - recording was from early 80s cassette.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/quantomimanchitu2-mp3.html

Thanks!

Oh and welcome to the Italian Sinfonia blog. Not sure yet how often we'll post here but it may come in handy for some news or last minute event updates - or maybe even some more song IDs if this one's successful...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This song sound like a homemade song from some kind of Italian-American band from New York or maybe some other city within the three states area, mi personally I never heard this song before, and I known a lot about Italian music
first because i grew up and lived in Italy for twenty years, then i moved to the USA and for 15 years i had my own Italian show on the radio for the Italian community of the Delaware Valley and every day I played Italian music and still now I'm an italian disc Jockey for all kind of occasion playing mostly italian music and some American music.

Vinny said...

Thanks for the post - that crossed my mind after my online searches for this song turned out empty. I don't remember too many US-made Italian songs from the time but the Vecchioni-like vocals and the accordian made me think there's a chance it could from Italy. I played it for some Italian visitors and they hadn't the foggiest clue what it was so I think you may be on the right track...

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I know exactly the song that you are searching for. I have the original 45.
I am a radio producer in Providence, RI
You could e-mail your request at:
voiceofitaly@aol.com